They tell their child's talking toy to "Go die in a hole".
Their kid probably has nappy rash, is teething, and is finally in bed after whinging the day away. You should probably bring them chocolate and coffee. ASAP.
Tuesday, 4 June 2013
Tuesday, 1 January 2013
2012 was a great year. We announced my pregnancy in February (after 3 months of keeping it quiet), I was in my friend's wedding at the start of August (at 37 weeks pregnant), I had a beautiful baby boy named Daniel Isaiah on August 31st, I've spent 4 wonderful months being a mum, the last 4 months have been interesting as I learn to juggle a baby, a house, and my husband, the house has definitely suffered ;-)
We have been so blessed this past year, and I am looking forward to this new year with anticipation! I can't wait to see what God has in store for us! Especially for me :-)
I like to make attainable resolutions each year, but normally I don't have a record of the resolutions that I've made. So this year, I've decided to write it down on here, so that I can come back when I need reminding. I've tried to keep them simple, so that I don't forget or get too overwhelmed.
My Resolutions for 2013:
- Start & finish a Bible Reading plan on my phone app. And then start another one.
- Stay off of my phone & computer whilst Daniel is awake.
- Take a photo every day. Upload them all to the computer periodically, so that I don't lose them.
My reasons for these resolutions are as follows:
-I want to grow closer to God & have regular quiet times, but I won't do that if I set a general goal of 'grow closer to God'. Therefore, I will complete Bible Reading plans in order to have short-term goals to complete.
- I find myself turning to my phone far too often just to 'quickly check Facebook' or 'quickly check my email' and then I get stuck on there and miss out on the precious time with Daniel. I want to be fully present in the moment & enjoy the time with him without needing to be on my phone. However, I am allowed to be on my phone while I'm breastfeeding :-)
- I want to be able to look back & see what's gone on this year. I want to have photo albums to look through and say "Remember when this happened?".
Bring on 2013!!!