They tell their child's talking toy to "Go die in a hole".
Their kid probably has nappy rash, is teething, and is finally in bed after whinging the day away. You should probably bring them chocolate and coffee. ASAP.
Tuesday, 4 June 2013
Tuesday, 1 January 2013
2012 was a great year. We announced my pregnancy in February (after 3 months of keeping it quiet), I was in my friend's wedding at the start of August (at 37 weeks pregnant), I had a beautiful baby boy named Daniel Isaiah on August 31st, I've spent 4 wonderful months being a mum, the last 4 months have been interesting as I learn to juggle a baby, a house, and my husband, the house has definitely suffered ;-)
We have been so blessed this past year, and I am looking forward to this new year with anticipation! I can't wait to see what God has in store for us! Especially for me :-)
I like to make attainable resolutions each year, but normally I don't have a record of the resolutions that I've made. So this year, I've decided to write it down on here, so that I can come back when I need reminding. I've tried to keep them simple, so that I don't forget or get too overwhelmed.
My Resolutions for 2013:
- Start & finish a Bible Reading plan on my phone app. And then start another one.
- Stay off of my phone & computer whilst Daniel is awake.
- Take a photo every day. Upload them all to the computer periodically, so that I don't lose them.
My reasons for these resolutions are as follows:
-I want to grow closer to God & have regular quiet times, but I won't do that if I set a general goal of 'grow closer to God'. Therefore, I will complete Bible Reading plans in order to have short-term goals to complete.
- I find myself turning to my phone far too often just to 'quickly check Facebook' or 'quickly check my email' and then I get stuck on there and miss out on the precious time with Daniel. I want to be fully present in the moment & enjoy the time with him without needing to be on my phone. However, I am allowed to be on my phone while I'm breastfeeding :-)
- I want to be able to look back & see what's gone on this year. I want to have photo albums to look through and say "Remember when this happened?".
Bring on 2013!!!
Friday, 25 May 2012
I am currently 27 weeks pregnant. I'm due in late August, and will be in a wedding on August 4th (unless I have the baby super-duper close & can't make it).
So far, I've had an excellent pregnancy, and have been extremely blessed. There are things that seem hard & a struggle to me, but in comparison with most women & particularly a friend of mine who's 10 weeks behind me, I am having a dream pregnancy!!
I didn't throw up from morning sickness at all. I threw up from a combination of heat exhaustion & dehydration, but not from pregnancy. All I had to deal with was nausea, which I'd already been dealing with before I got pregnant. I've had some fairly awful reflux, but it's manageable most of the time.
I don't always feel beautiful, and I don't always love being pregnant, but I AM thankful!
I am so thankful to be pregnant, and to get this chance to raise a child for God.
I'm trying to dress in a way that complements me & my bump. I don't always succeed, but I don't think I do too horrible a job of it!
Here's some photos that I've taken so far:
Tuesday, 13 December 2011
- Well, my blog is now public! I was hoping that this would make me feel more accountable to post, but so far it hasn't done anything but made me feel more guilty.
- I tried to participate in the 'What I Wore Wednesday', but it's very hard to take good, full-length pictures of yourself, and I keep forgetting to ask my hubby to do it for me. Maybe I need to find his tripod and figure out how to set that up?
- We're slowly settling into our new home. There are still a few packed boxes, but that's stuff that needs to stay packed away.
- I start piano lessons up again next week, and I'm a bit nervous about it because I haven't played in a very long time. Almost two years, I think.
I am looking forward to it, though. My piano teacher is a lovely person, and I miss seeing her and catching up with her, so this will be a lovely excuse to hang out and be (lovingly) horrible to each other!
- I am trying to learn good portion sizes, good food habits, and overall healthy living. For me, this means that I'm tracking my calorie intake. This seems to be the only way of keeping myself accountable, and the only way of knowing that I'm eating the right amounts of food. I'm using Livestrong's MyPlate, and I seem to be coping with it fairly well. I'm hoping that I can make this a long-term thing, and not just a fad that keeps coming in and out. I want to eat healthily, and I want to be responsible with how much food I take in.
I'm also going to the gym most days of the week. I really enjoy it, and I think that I feel a lot better afterwards.
- I bought some Halftee's just after Thanksgiving, and I got them yesterday! I've already been wearing them, and I love them! I'm actually kinda excited for summer because it will mean less layers under clothes, which will be cooler for me.
That's all the miscellaneous 'stuff' that's been going on in my life, so I'll finish up now. Hopefully I'll be back with an actual post not TOO far in the future.
Wednesday, 19 October 2011
There's a weekly blog link-up going around that I can't remember where it originated (and I can't link up because this blog is currently private), but I thought I'd partially participate this week.
By partially participate, I mean that it's already Wednesday, so I'm only going to post a photo from today.
So here goes..
Also, the dress is a deeper and darker colour in person, but I didn't know how to make that come across in the picture.
Saturday, 6 August 2011
Before I got married, I had a lot of people say a lot of negative stuff about marriage to me. For instance: "It's really, really hard!" "It's no bed of roses" "You're gonna be tied down forever" "A person's faults are only magnified in marriage"
Although some of that may be true in some form or another, I can honestly say that after 5 months of marriage I'm still loving my husband and am truly thrilled that I get to spend the rest of my life with him.
Sure, we've had arguments and there's been a few times I've ended up in tears (usually at a certain time of the month :P), but in spite of that, and in spite of tiny flaws in both of us we both love each other more than ever before.
All of that to say (especially to my single friends), marriage is so so worth it. If you're ready to be married, then I would say "Go for it, and don't let anyone else discourage you with their words of 'reality' and negativity"
Wednesday, 11 May 2011
Well, I got engaged on November 7th, and just under 4 months later I got married on March 5th!
It was a fabulous day, and loads of fun!
I won't do a proper wedding post coz pretty much everyone that reads this blog was at the wedding, but the day went so well.
My bridesmaids had all different colour dresses in bright colours (orange/yellow, royal blue, bright green, bright red, light purple, bright pink, and bright blue), and we were on time for pretty much everything!!
We were a couple of minutes early to the church, and a couple of minutes early to the reception. I was really chuffed about this coz we caught a few people by surprise coz they all expected the bride to be late, but I love being on time for things. It was very fitting :D
The only bad thing about the day was that I'd gotten my Mum to lace my wedding dress up too tight, so I ended up in a fair bit of pain by the time we got to the reception. However, a quick trip with a couple of my bridesmaids to the toilet, and that was all fixed!
It was actually a great relief that it was only my dress because I'd been worrying that I was having an asthma attack or something (similar pain).
We had two photoshoots (one before the reception, and one after), and they were so so much fun. A very lighthearted time. Our photographer Alan Millhouse was excellent, and really good and fun to work with.
Overall, an excellent day!
Thursday, 4 November 2010
Thursday, 26 August 2010
Okay, so it's actually Day 3 of my challenge, but I didn't have time to post a photo yesterday after I finally took a photo. So, you'll get two posts from me today :-o
Tuesday, 24 August 2010
Yeah, it's been awhile since I've posted... :-|
Anyway, I've decided to do something a bit different (for me) and blog about the different outfits I wear. Only, this will only be on the days that I wear a skirt or dress, and the skirt or dress will be a different one each time until I finish going through all my skirts and dresses. Sound good? Tough luck if it doesn't, coz I'm going to do it anyway :P