Friday 5 June 2009

Pounding stakes is tiring

Well, I got a message yesterday informing me that I hadn't blogged in awhile, so I figured that I should blog.
Today was good, but crazy. Dad asked me yesterday if I would be willing to go help Jimmy pound some stakes into the ground, and considering that I would be getting paid for it, I said yes.
So last night I set my alarm for 6:45am so that I'd have plenty of time to get ready before 8:30 which was when Jimmy was coming so that we could go work. As it turns out, it's best not to go to sleep after 11pm the night before you have to pound stakes into the ground. My alarm went off at 6:45 and then again at 7, and both times I turned it off and went back to sleep. I ended up waking up around 7:20, and then dawdled around for awhile, so at 8:30 I was still eating breakfast when Jimmy turned up. Luckily Dad had to explain to him what we were meant to be doing, so I had time to finish breakfast and brush my teeth.
We ended up at the substation around 9, and after Dad showed Jimmy where he had to set up, we started working. Unfortunately, some things came up, and in the end I had to go down to the shops by myself because Jimmy had to look after the equipment. That meant that I had to drive Jimmy's car coz it was the only one that we'd taken (not much point taking two). Well, I managed to drive down there, to home, and then back to the substation without stalling it! It was great! I revved it a little bit much because I wasn't used to the clutch, but I was really happy that I didn't stall it.
After that, things went a bit more smoothly until we had about 20 minutes left in which to finish it before I had to be back home before my piano teacher turned up.
It ended up that Dad drove my car to the substation, and stayed there to help Jimmy finish up while I drove home. It was great to drive my car after driving Jimmy's! My clutch is so much lighter, and the gears are easier to shift. Driving Jimmy's car made me so thankful for my car :)
I got home just a couple minutes after my piano teacher turned up, and you'd better believe that she did not let me forget it!
So now I'm pretty tired, but feeling fairly good about my work this morning :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

another new blog look! well, i think this one is very nice. :)

haha on the thing with alicia...evens the scales a bit, huh?! ;)

Anonymous said...

you need more than an hour to get ready??