Thursday 30 July 2009

House-sitting

Rach and her family went away on the 20th for a holiday, and they asked Elyse and I to house-sit for them.
They get back tomorrow, and I'm kind of wishing they didn't (no offense Rach. I want you to come back, I just don't want to leave your house :P). It's been fun, and it's been good.
Without any further ado, I give you a list of pros and cons about house-sitting for Rach's family:

Pros:

  • I don't have to check with someone every time I go somewhere.
  • I can read lots
  • I'm only vying for the computer with one other person :P
  • I don't get told to clean up
  • I have a 50/50 say in what we have for tea
  • I can have the music up loud without someone telling me that the kids need quiet to concentrate on school
  • I've had some good conversations with Elyse
  • I've been able to spend time with Elyse even though we've been going in opposite directions a lot
  • I've been referring to Rach's place as 'home', and my home as 'Mum & Dad's' :D

Cons:
  • It's a little bit scary knowing that I am ultimately responsible for my actions
  • I've been on the computer a little bit too much
  • I'm responsible for cleaning up my own mess, and no one else will tell me to clean up
  • It's been hard to motivate myself to work (I have been sick as well which has something to do with that)
  • I've had to drive 20 minutes in order to get to all the church activities I'm involved in as well as work in the first week.
  • Elyse and I have had to organize what we're having for tea, or if we're going to our parents houses for tea
It's been really good, and I've really enjoyed it. I miss my family a little bit, but I'm sure if I was to house-sit for longer I would end up missing them more.
It's been lots of fun doing my own thing, and it's been good to live with Elyse because I haven't seen heaps of her for awhile because we've both been busy.

I've been sick the whole time that we've been house-sitting which has been a bit hard, but it was really only this week that it got really bad :(
I'm slowly getting better though I think. I'm not looking forward to going home, but I am at the same time because I miss my family and I miss my normal routine :)



2 comments:

Rach said...

awww I'm so glad you had a good time!! And I'm very happy you blogged :D I had 2 new ones to read!!!!!

Chief said...

I'm the same when I'm house sitting, I refer to the house as 'my house' and 'mum and dads', the only down fall is taht I usually house sit alone and dont get the company of a good friend. On the other had the up side to that is there is no one else to consider when using the computer or planing dinner. And the silence is good.
Sounds like you had fun. xx