Friday 12 March 2010

Wow...

Is it really only the 12th of March?

It seems so much further along in the year...

Maybe it's because this year has already been jam-packed in 2 1/2 short months.

So far this year I have: (please note that this list is limited by my memory :P)

  • Started a courtship with an amazing guy
  • Been to two weddings
  • Waitressed at one
  • Been to a Music Team BBQ
  • Started leading at youth group
  • Started back leading Kids' Bible Study with Josh
  • Started back at Recharge
  • Started back at Music Practice (and singing on Sundays)
  • Started back at piano lessons
  • Started another year of TAFE
  • And found out that I only have to go into TAFE one day a week (Woohoo!!)
  • Organized to catch up with my mentor every two weeks (and stuck to it so far)
  • Had my first Valentine's Day with my boyfriend :)
  • Helped the Burfords move
  • Led on youth camp
  • Been blessed to see my little brother grow in God
  • Pushed myself too hard, gotten overwhelmed, and broken down in tears twice (in one week)
  • Been blessed by my friends, family etc giving me love and leniency when I'm tired and overwhelmed
  • Helped Faye and Alex move
  • Been amazingly blessed by the thoughtfulness of my boyfriend on so many occasions
  • Struggled to find time to balance everything
  • Struggled to balance my computer time so that I can balance everything else
  • Struggled to find time to catch up with friends
  • Been hugely blessed when I have found the time to catch up with friends
  • Been blessed by the freedom and trust given to me by my parents
  • Realized that I can't do everything on my own; I need God to help me
  • Realized that it's okay to say 'no' (still working on this one though)
I've had my ups, and I've had my downs. And yet, I know that through it all God has been there. I know that there are people so much worse off than me. I know that I am so blessed, and that I will always have my needs provided by my Heavenly Father. He loves me, and wants me to run to Him for my strength. He wants to fill me up and use me for His glory. I know that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Phil 4:13), but that I need to turn to Him instead of relying on myself or others.

I'm still learning (thank goodness! I'd be worried if I was perfect :P), but I know I am stronger with God by my side :)


1 comment:

Rach said...

You are beautiful!!!!! I hope and pray that we can continue to share our joys and struggles with each other, even though our lives are changing (although your changes seem to be more significant than mine!).
Love you lots!