Saturday 19 July 2008

Houseboat

This past week I've been on a houseboat. Mrs. Hogan (my brother's Mother-In-Law) had placed a bid on a houseboat trip awhile back, and had been successful. They asked my family if we'd like to come along, and we agreed (thank goodness :P). The holiday was booked for the second week of holidays (this week just gone), and there were 10 of us that went: Mr. Hogan, Mrs. Hogan, Dad, Mum, Michael, Melinda, Me, Joe, Lisa, and Caleb. We left on Monday from Morgan which is out in the Riverland. Tuesday morning I got woken up before I wanted to (my Dad doesn't understand the concept of a sleep-in, or letting others sleep in), and so I was grumpy. Now that I look back on the week, I was probably grumpy a fair bit. At the time I thought I was justified, but I always think that in the 'heat of the moment'. All in all, it was a really relaxing week, and I'm so glad it happened.

Things that I did over the week:

Assembled a lap cross-stitch frame
Graphed a cross-stitch for Caleb (I'll try and remember to post photos)
Started the cross-stitch
Read 5 books (could've read more, but I didn't have more :P)
Got to sleep in 2 days out of 4.
Got to hold Caleb a fair bit!

Sorry to everyone that was on the houseboat for being a grump.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you had fun on the houseboat!!
sounds lovely :-)
we've gota catch up... ohh yeah on Tuesday lol whoopsadais, i forgot.
again.
coufcouf.
:-$
well i'll talk to you then!
luv rach