Thursday 3 July 2008

It Is Finished

That's right. As of yesterday, my work experience is finished. On Monday, Mrs. Harrison (principal's assistant) had asked me if I could come in on Wednesday because reports needed to be sorted, placed in plastic sleeves, filed etc., and when I asked Dad, he said that I could work all day Wednesday if I didn't work on Tuesday. So, I chose to do that. At recess, they put out a cake for me (2 actually. So that all the teachers could have some) in the staffroom, and a sign saying "Thanks for all your hard work this term, Julia -- We really appreciated it." Mr. Harrison (enrolments officer) gave me a reference, and they gave me a $50 dollar gift card! I SO was not expecting that, and it made me feel really appreciated! I got told thankyou heaps and heaps of times, and I kept saying thankyou, and it was really nice.
I kept saying "Thank you" because everybody had made it really easy on me. If I didn't know how to do something for someone, that person would wait while I went and found out, and whoever I asked would show me how to do it, and they never made me feel stupid or anything.
I'm really going to miss everything about working there.

Thanks to Mr. Harrison, Mrs. Metherell, Mrs. Barker, Mrs. Harrison, and Mrs. Pelentsov for showing me how to do things, pushing me out of my comfort zone, making me feel like I had a choice in everything I did (even though I probably didn't :P), encouraging me along the way, and constantly affirming and thanking me.

Thanks to Miss Jesshope (principal) and Mr. Barnes (deputy principal) for allowing me to do work experience, and telling me what a great job I'd done.

Thanks to all the teachers, monitors, etc. for being patient when I didn't know how to do something and therefore had to go check with someone.

Thanks to all the students for also being patient, and not laughing at me :P

Thanks to the students that I know for coming in and seeing me, and saying hi.

So, basically, thanks to everyone at Craigmore Christian School!!!!

I absolutely loved my time there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nawww Jewlz that's so great that you loved it!!
I will add something to your blog, so if anyone's reading this from CCS, it's most likely for you :-)
Julia has talked about her work experience at the school a lot in the past weeks, and all she can say is how great it is! as well as how much as she loves filing, seeing her friends from the school, and being able to be there in general!
God bless
Rachel

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you learnt a lot and felt comfortable during your time at CCS. It was great seeing you there with your smiling face!!!

Love Suzanne
xx