Friday 3 October 2008

Holidays

I'm on holidays at the moment! I've got two weeks off of TAFE, but I'm still working for Dad. I did 13 1/2 hours of work this week, and I still managed to have two sleepovers, and go to the beach yesterday! It's great having two extra days in the week, and having Mum home. I've still got jobs that I need to get done, but it's nice not feeling like everything's on my shoulders.

Next week, Elyse and I are going down to stay with Kristy. I'm looking forward to it. I get to spend some time with my big sister, and Elyse and I get to put up with each other for 6 hours on a bus. Hehe. Just kidding. I think we'll both be taking lots of books, and projects (I'm taking my cross-stitching) to read and do. We leave next Tuesday, and I come back the Monday afterwards. Elyse won't be back until the day before her birthday. The reason I'm coming back earlier is because school starts back on that Monday, which means that TAFE starts back on the Tuesday. I'm sort of looking forward to going back to TAFE, but it's great being free at the moment.

I've got some issues with my lower back at the moment, which is very frustrating. I'm a person that likes being able to do whatever I want (independent and stubborn :D), but at the moment I have to be careful how I'm sleeping. If I sleep on my side or stomach, I end up in heaps of pain. If I sleep on my back, I don't end up in as much pain. It also makes it uncomfortable to sit down for long periods of time. I'm hoping it will rectify itself soon.

I'm still struggling in my walk with God. It's very hard to constantly be 'on my guard'. To stop myself when I start thinking about something that I know it's unhealthy for me to be dwelling on. To constantly be going to God in everything. It's very frustrating for me to pray for God's presence in my day, and that He'll help me love my family, and then to hear myself snapping at my brother (or anyone else) later on. It's so easy for me to justify getting mad, but when I stop and think about it, I realize that God had so much more reason to get mad (and He did :P), but He still had incredible mercy on us and showed us so much grace by sending His Son and giving us chance after chance after chance to pick ourselves up and have another go.
It's so easy to go back to what I was (and frequently still are) and just give up. However, I know that God can do anything. Which means He can draw me closer to Him, and fill me with His Presence. Praise God.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great time with Kristy, don't be too hard on yourself!!! You are a great example to young Christian girls in our church. Say hello to Kristy for me.

Love Suzanne