Thursday 18 September 2008

Do Hard Things

I'd love to read "Do Hard Things" by Alex and Brett Harris. The book club that I'm in, was going to be doing it as our next book, but unfortunately Felicity (my youth pastor's wife) couldn't get enough copies to do it this time round.
My sister Kristy, reviewed it here.

However, that's not the point of this post. See, the thing is, I avoid doing hard things as much as I can. Confrontation, meeting someone new, doing something very different from what I'm used to, those things scare me to death.
I'm (slowly) trying to work on it, but it's gonna be a long process because I've been this way for a VERY long time.
On Monday, though, I did something hard. My parents had been telling me for awhile that I needed to do it, and lately I'd begun listening to God telling me to do the same thing. I wrote in my testimony that I hadn't wanted to give God all of me because I wanted to still be in control of certain aspects of my life. This was the biggest one. On Sunday night I gave God all of me. On Monday morning I did what would have to be one of the hardest things I've done.

My prayer (one of them anyway) at the moment is that 'All things will work together for good to them that love the Lord'*
I'm actually quite nervous about this because I have no idea how it's going.
All I want is for God's will to be done. Unfortunately, it's not easy.

Please pray for God's peace in this.
Also, please pray that I will leave it in God's hands, and not grab it back into my own.

*This verse was paraphrased

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so proud of you...
i'm still thinking of you.
and praying.
xxx

Anonymous said...

so you don't have this book??

i scored an extra copy from jo last night so you can have it then. :)

Anonymous said...

oh, i should have said, i read this post a while ago and just haven't commented...good work--you go, girl! :) xox