Tuesday 10 March 2009

Kids' Bible Study

I said a couple weeks ago in this post that I was going to be teaching the kids' Bible Study at our home group. A friend of mine, Josh Clancy ended up going to be helping me, and the Thursday before last was our first week of teaching together. It went really well, and we worked well together.
Last Thursday though, Steph (his sister) rang me to let me know that Josh couldn't get onto me, and had asked them to let me know that he wouldn't be doing it anymore because he was feeling too stressed because he was involved in too much and needed to cut back on some things.
I was disappointed that he couldn't do it, but I understood why he had to.
So now I'm doing it by myself, and last week was my first week of doing it by myself. I was expecting there to be about 13 kids, so I was praying heaps beforehand and trying not to freak out. However, God was good, and there only ended up being six kids there. We went through the study too quickly, and ended up having ages to play games, but it went really well otherwise!

God is SO good!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I'm glad that the study went well. One thing you could do to make the study go a bit longer is to get the kids to write down any questions that they have and you could then try and answer them after the study or if you don't know the answers without some further study then answer them the next week. I'm sorry you are having to do it on your own as I always wanted someone to help me when I was doing it at youth group. You will do ok, just remember to keep praying about it.