Wednesday 26 December 2007

Emergency.... Emergency....

Last week when I went to Mt. Gambier to visit my sister, I had a trip to the Emergency Room at the Mt. Gambier Hospital!!!! Wednesday morning I woke up feeling a bit wheezy, and with my chest hurting if I breathed too deeply. I wasn't too bad for the rest of the day, but it wasn't getting better, and I think it was slowly, steadily getting worse. We went to house church (home group/Bible study) where they were having a breakup dinner, and it wasn't too bad. However, by the time that we left my wheezing and breathing had gotten so much worse that you could quite clearly hear me wheezing with each breath, and I didn't have to breathe very deep for my chest to hurt. So Kristy rang Bonnie, a friend of Steve's that went to house church, and Bonnie said that the pharmacy shut at 9, and it was now about 9:10. Bonnie suggested going to the Emergency Room, and seeing if they would give us some Ventolin because anti-histamines probably wouldn't do much to help. So we went to the Emergency Room, and Kristy told them what was wrong, and I had to answer a bunch of questions about how I felt, and then I gave the Admissions lady my information. I got seen about ten minutes later, and I got my blood pressure taken, and my heart rate monitored, and then they monitored how much air capacity I had in my lungs, and then they gave me some Ventolin via a diffuser, and left me. FINALLY they came back, and checked me up some more, and then about an hour and a half later I got given a puffer, and we got to leave. to be continued

No comments: