Wednesday 26 December 2007

Emergency.... Emergency.... cont.

Anyway, I got better. I had to use the puffer a few times, but other than that I've been fine. The doctor said it was just Mt. Gambier. She was right because for some reason Mt. Gambier always brings out bad health for people when they visit. I'm not an asthmatic, and for this reason the doctor said that it was probably the time of year, and the hay being cut and everything.

I had a really good time down in Mt. Gambier in spite of that, though. We wiped skirting boards and door frames, we washed walls, we washed ceilings, I painted the cornices in one bedroom and Steve did the rest, Steve painted ceilings, we unpacked kitchen stuff (plates, tea towels etc.), and I mopped while Kristy vacuumed. It was hard work, but it was good to have something to occupy me that actually had a purpose. Mum, you're not reading this are you? :) On the way down on the bus, I watched two movies: "Jump In" and "Evan Almighty". I really liked "Jump In" but I had already watched "Evan Almighty" a while earlier. On the way back down there was no movies, so I listened to music, I read, I slept, I read some more, I listened to some more music, I slept some more, and then I just sat. Very productive I know. It was worth it though. I enjoyed helping Kristy out, and now I can say I had a part in getting their house ready to live in!
Thanks Kristy and Steve!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww poor jewlzia, you didn't tell me about that! no good, darling! :-P was good to see ya last night, catch you later!

Anonymous said...

only just now read this...interesting. :) you were a legendary body of help, thank you!!!!