Tuesday 8 January 2008

Christmas!!!

Sorry, I took a little break from blogging. For Christmas our family did a Kris Kringle/Secret Santa sort of thing. Basically, we all put in different amounts of money depending on how much we could pay, and then we split it up so that everybody gets $30 to spend on someone else whose name we've picked out of a hat. When we put our name in a hat, we also put down 3 things that we would like to receive as a gift. Generally, I put down 4 or 5, but it doesn't matter 'coz it's just to give an idea of what you would like. This year I got Steve (my brother-in-law to be) and he got me. I got him a Harvey Norman voucher and choc-covered shortbread. This year one of the things I asked for was an icecream maker. I didn't expect to get one because they're not cheap. BUT because I had helped Steve and Kristy out with their house, they put a bit more in and got me one!!!! I've only made one batch so far, but I'm planning on making plenty more. That was the huge highlight of my day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear it--though, OF COURSE, i already knew that would make you happy. :) don't forget to ship some down here! ;)

btw, you earned every bit of the extra we put into the ice cream maker--and more!!!!!