Monday 18 February 2008

Driving

My BIL, Steve, asked how my driving was going, so I thought I'd tell you all how it's going. I'm now up to approximately 15 hours driving (only 35 more to go!), but I wish I could be getting more driving in. However, my dad says that I'll do as many hours as it takes for me to be ready, so it could take a few years!! Nah, I don't think I'm doing toooooo bad, I just never realized how much work was involved in driving! I can't get as much driving in as I'd originally hoped because I'm not allowed to drive with Mum in the van because it's an automatic and they don't want me getting mixed up (or something like that).

Anyway, on different news, Mum, Mrs. Packer, Elyse and I went to a craft/stamping and scrapbooking fair, and it was heaps of fun. When I walked in, all I saw was scrapbooking stuff, and I immediately thought, "Oh no, this is going to be boring!" I have to say, I've never been so glad to have been proven wrong! My fixation was ribbons and spots. I got 3 really nice three-metre rolls of ribbon, and some leather cord (Mum says I should make stuff for guys). There was some cool beads and charms as well, but the charms were expensive, and I couldn't think of what I could make with the beads. Oh, and I got Mum to buy a really nice piece of paper for my scrapbook album. The scrapbooking bug hasn't really bitten me, but I loved the paper. However, Mum said that when she starts working on my album, I'll have to help. :( Rats!
It's not that I hate scrapbooking, it's just that it's so much work, and it doesn't come out looking half as good as other peoples.
Oh well, at least it doesn't look like I massacred it (well, not all the time anyway! :))

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, he asked me how your driving was going and i said that i didn't really know. so he said he should leave a comment and ask you. :)

you know what i want to maybe get into? DIGITAL scrapbooking! :) but outside computers, i think i'd like to take up glenny on her offer of some quilting classes!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the update on your driving, jewelz!