Monday 17 March 2008

CWCI

This weekend I went to CWCI. CWCI stands for Christian Women Communicating Internationally. It's a conference that they have every year around the same time, and it's really good. I don't get heaps and heaps out of the sessions (a little bit here and there), but I get heaps out of being with a bunch of women all day. Last year and this year we've rented a house for the weekend, and ten ladies from our church come and stay there for the weekend. This year Mum, Kristy, Kristy's MIL, Mrs. Bower, Mrs. Taylor (Wendy), Mrs. Packer, Trudi, Joanna, Elyse and I went. We had a ball! Joanna is English, and very prim and proper. However, she can be a lot of fun! We call her the Crazy English Lady. She's really cool, and fun, and this year we had heaps of fun. It all started with us going out for tea. Elyse and I couldn't finish our food, so we asked if we could take it home. That was fine. Then, Joanna decided to take Elyse's food and hide it. Elyse had no idea what had happened to her food! I hadn't seen anything, but I figured that Joanna was the prime suspect, and I was right. Then Elyse and I stacked our containers on top of each other in front of Elyse (bad move) who was sitting next to Joanna (another bad move). Well, Joanna then decided that it would be fun to take both of the containers! We eventually found them, and headed back to the 'shack' (place that we were renting) threatening Joanna with payback. We got back, and Elyse and I decided that we would hide her handbag and vanity case as payback. Joanna was running around trying to find her handbag (it had her glasses in, and she needed them for the movie we were about to watch). Well, she'd figured out that I had something to do with it, but funnily enough she didn't suspect Elyse. She found her handbag within about ten minutes (we hadn't hidden it very well), but she hadn't missed her vanity case yet. When she did miss it, oh boy, we were in for it! Eventually, Kristy made me go and get it for her (which spoiled the fun) but we had enjoyed laughing at her up until then. Before we went to watch the movie, I had grabbed my phone out of my bag because I didn't trust Joanna, and that was the only thing in my handbag that I couldn't live without for a whole day. After the movie finished and we were getting ready for bed, I found that my suspicions had been confirmed: Joanna had stolen my handbag. However, just as Joanna came back from having her shower, Trudi pulled my handbag out of her suitcase/bag, and asked "Whose is this?" Joanna saw her, and Trudi realized her mistake when Joanna tried to shush her. Unfortunately (for Joanna) I'd already heard and seen Trudi, and so I had a good laugh at Joanna. Joanna then reciprocated by mixing mine and Elyse's clothes up (putting some of my stuff in Elyse's bag, and some of Elyse's in mine), but she also took my thongs (flip-flops) and hid them. I didn't realize until the next morning when I was getting ready to leave, and Joanna had already left for the morning session. Elyse found them in a couple of minutes, but I had to laugh because it was pretty funny. I didn't get Joanna back, but maybe next year???
All in all, it was a lot of fun and craziness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

go joanna!!!!! =P

Anonymous said...

oh, so now i know the WHOLE story--not just the keep-you-girls-in-line bit! ;)

also, you shoulda been at CWCI to hear Jewel Evans. lex and i were so impacted by her and so far, nobody has lived up to it at CWCI for us. :)