Thursday 6 November 2008

I'm running out of good titles....

....Actually, I don't think I had any to start with :P Yesterday went really well. I had my hair trimmed yesterday morning, and I got to drive to the hair appointment and back. After my hair appointment I went down to CCS while Mum went to the shops, and I got to see most of my friends. I had my driving lesson at 2:15, and that went great! I'm feeling a lot more comfortable (most of the time), and apparently Alin is too :P

Last night I went to Recharge because Dad wasn't getting back until late, so there was no normal Bible study.
Recharge was really good because we watched a devotion by Tim Hawkins about Genuine Worship. He talked about how the rabbis used to have people around them that would proclaim the great things that they were about to do, and how we shouldn't be like that, but that we should instead be doing things for the glory of God. Not doing good works so that we get noticed, but so that God's kingdom is advanced. It was really challenging because I love getting noticed, but I don't want my reward to be people noticing me. I want God to reward me according to my heart's desires. Which means I need to allow God to change what my heart desires by spending more time with Him and in His Word.

No comments: